Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebrating and Healing

Well I expected to have quite a few more blog posts now. In fact, I expected a lot. I have however learned in the past few weeks you have to just go with it and really as much as I plan, things are not in my hands.

The past few weeks have been filled with both celebrating and healing. Celebrating life and our new family and healing both physically, mentally and spiritually. The first weeks of Adalynn's life have not gone exactly as I had planned. The c-section certainly caught me off guard, but the continued pain followed was unexpected. I assumed that this pain was normal, only to find out it was the beginning of another problem. Among all of this were birthdays, and family events and my desire to get back into the swing of things that made me ignore what was going on. It took cuddling my sweet girl and being in excruciating pain to make me realize something wasn't right. The rest is history and now we are healing.

Sean and I are so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers. I am certainly disappointed that my first few weeks with my girl have been spent in hospitals and doctors offices, but we are so excited about the summer ahead. We have been reminded that things are not in our hands and while we have had to take more time to heal than expected, we have been blessed with lots to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment