Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Life I Can Celebrate

It's been an hour into my birthday and it's already been fantastic. In fact, I find myself looking over age 24 and realizing it was just that...fantastic. This week, a good friend of mine lost her nephew suddenly...He was only 11 months old. He leaves behind two loving parents, a big brother and a family who loved him dearly. On Monday when I found out, I couldn't help, but think why? I think we all question this when something doesn't go as planned, but a baby who never got to celebrate one birthday?? I look at the past year and realize how blessed I was at age 24- A new house, an amazing marriage, a supportive family, great friends a life worth living and enjoying for every single minute. Many people loathe birthdays. The quote "Do not regret growing older, it is a privelage denied to many" has never stood out more. I am sure that the Stone family would give anything for just one birthday. So at 25, with age 24 a complete and total blessing, I am greatful for another birthday and a life I can celebrate.

Isaiah Lee Stone
May your family feel comforted, your spirit be free and your love surround them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment